A Types Review

7.7
 6.3
review (1) 4 comments vote for this album:
A Types Reviewed by: Spinaltap37, on march 31, 2008

Sound: Hopesfall is a great band that has released a lot of songs that I am a big fan of. But this is the album that most people said Hopesfall "sold out" on. Personally I think it's great. It's softer (which isn't always a good thing) the sound is great. It really shows that Hopesfall can go in a different direction with their sound. Older Hopesfall albums have been more melodic hardcore like, but this one goes in a different direction going for a more punk like sound. It shows that they have the ability to play a different sound and still be a great band and have catchy songs. // 8

Lyrics: The lyrics are amazing on this album. I was very impressed. The singer shows that he has the ability to sing and not just scream. The lyrics are catchy and have meanings. The lyrics on this album are just like any other album. Always great and just makes you want to sing along with them. // 10

Overall Impression: Compared to the other albums Hopesfall has released, it's not the greatest but it's up there. But then again it's not even the same band so you have to consider that too. The best songs on the album may be "It Happens," "Per Sempre Marciamo," "Start And Pause" and "Icarus." The only thing that disappointed me was that it's less melodic then their other albums, but other than that it's great. If it were lost or stolen I would definetly run out and buy another copy, 2 even just incase it gets stole again. // 9

More Hopesfall reviews rating latest review
+ Magnetic North 8 12/15/2008