Hell Yeah Review

Released: Feb 10, 2004
Label: Hellcat
Genre: Rock
Styles: Psychobilly, Punk
It's this kind of execution, attitude, and middle-finger-with-a-grin approachability that makes the HorrorPops a band to watch out for.
 8.2
 7.4
Hell Yeah Reviewed by: unregistered, on june 27, 2005

Sound: The Horrorpops have created a sound that is original and their genre of music is not your every day "rock" music. Not many bands have a psychobilly/rockabilly style. Horrorpops come out with that awesome sound so it can be known to the rest of the pathetic world. // 10

Lyrics: Lyrics are, like their sound, orignal. All day, I've been singing "Miss Take" and "Ghouls" because of their inventive words that can literally get stuck in your head. The Horrorpops' songs are what I would want in my head. // 10

Overall Impression: I can't find another band to compare the Horrorpops with. Maybe you can, but I can't. "Miss Take," "Ghouls," and "Baby Lou Tattoo" along with all other songs on their album are unbelievably impressive! They get an A+ for that. If something terrible happens to that album that causes you to be unable to listen to it, I advise you to buy it again! // 10

Hell Yeah Reviewed by: tardis, on june 24, 2005

Sound: There is an awesome sound on this album. It's very horror-punk-like, and it is rare to find a horror punk band with a female lead singer. A female lead singer who can sign and is gorgeous at that. Songs like 'Where They Wander' and 'Misstake' have great all round sounds, the double bass really kicking in to add to a mysterious horror punk sound. // 8

Lyrics: Oh my can this girl sing. She has her own stlye, look wise, and voice wise. The lyrics work well with the music itself, the bass lines edging into the lead singers voice beautifully. // 8

Overall Impression: If you're into horror punk mixed with older punk listen to The Horrorpops right now. If you're a fan of the Misfits or Neckromantix listen to The Horrorpops right now. If you're a fan of good music listen to The Horrorpops. Hell Yaeh is a great album filled with songs that keep the usuall sound but dont sond the same. Beautiful vocals over intelllegent detailed riffs. The Horrorpops have put thought into this album and for that, I give the over all impression a 4. Go get your own copy of 'Hell Yeah' right now. Or you suck. // 8

Comments