Exister Review

hot water music: Exister
Released: May 15, 2012
Genre: Punk Rock, Post-Hardcore
Label: Rise Records
The veterans of punk rock and roll are back with their 8th album release.
 9.4
 8.7
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
Exister Reviewed by: vppark2, on august 03, 2012

Sound: The veterans of punk rock and roll are back with their 8th album release. That is a special number here because it has also been 8 years since then since their last release in '04. I will say that I am, by no means a punk rocker. I like some pop-punk here and there, but there just isn't much else that is pure punk that I like. I am not saying that I do not like any of that stuff or any old school punk bands, but I just prefer listening to other things. This album, however, just made me love. I'm not quite sure why, but this album is something that I could imagine myself playing while I'm driving to like Boston (yes, I'm from Massachusetts). Like this sort of stuff I can imagine hearing at Boston Red Sox games, and such. It's just got that sort of feel. // 9

Lyrics: Lyrics are good on every song. The song that I had enjoyed the most, however, was, "Drag My Body". My favorite lines are, "Well I got my head up in a critical mess. Fighting like a demon in a shell I possess. Gnashing my teeth and speaking in tongues. Still shaking something mental at a loss of the words I'd once known. Something's rattling my bones." The first time I had heard this song I could imagine myself fighting, and having that persona as an animal in a shell, and gnashing my teeth. I almost felt like I was on an Anime show! Lol. I love the lead singer's voice, though. He's got a hard, tough, cold, and yet soulful type voice. The power in his voice kind of reminded me of Hinder's lead front man, just not similar bands... Haha. I got more of an Alkaline Trio type vibe meets Big D And The Kids Table. // 9

Overall Impression: I'd compare this to Alkaline Trio, Rise Against, and pretty much any other pure punk band out there. Every song was impressive, so I didn't get that impression that a few songs in particular really stood out. This is punk rock at its finest. // 8

Comments