Stop All The World Now Review

9.4
 9.8
reviews (2) 1 comment vote for this album:
Stop All The World Now Reviewed by: AcoustiGreg, on march 18, 2004

Sound: Howie Day is an excellent singer/songwriter and he loves to use lots of different guitar FX in his songs. His most popular songs are 'Ghost' and 'Sorry so sorry'. In this album, however, his music is a little different in terms of style. There is a little bit less acoustic in this record, so that opens the doors for plenty of effects. The sound is quite good, rich but savy at times. It's definitely worth a listen or two, but I wish I had a chance to listen to the whole CD at the store before I bought it. // 8

Lyrics: As usual, Howie's lyrics are really good. Some times they don't make a whole lot of sense, but they're kinda 'fun' to listen to (and sing along). He has a great voice, so the singing always sounds good, and it seems to me that he put a lot of thought into these lyrics and the notes to which they are sung. The lyrics go perfectly hand-in-hand with the music styles and they really make the songs more enjoyable to listen to (not that they're unenjoyable at all). // 10

Overall Impression: I would compare this album to John Mayer's latest. The guitar work, though, isn't quite as complicated as John's, and I was able to tab one of the songs after 2 hours of buying the CD. Speaking of which, I bought this one for $22 Cdn. It's rare to see CD's that much these days, but I really wanted it. Was it worth it? Yes, I would say so. I really like 'Sunday morning song' and 'Collide' and 'She says' on this CD. It's worth buying and it's definitely worth a listen or two. If it were stolen, I'd be f*cking pissed, and I don't think I would it again, since I don't have an extra $22 lying around. Not a bad album though, and if you like this kind of music (I assume you do, since you're reading this review) you will like Howie Day's styles and sounds. // 8

Stop All The World Now Reviewed by: Dashboard89, on july 07, 2005

Sound: Howie Day has an amazing voice and he uses amazing effects. He's so much more than just a solo acoustic singer like there are so many of today. He makes use of several instruments. When I first got the album as a gift, I figured it was just going to be another pop sensation piece of crap, but the more I listened to it, the more I liked it. Howie Day's voice is so distinctive. // 10

Lyrics: For the most part the lyrics were cliche and kind of childish, but they went really well with the music and his vocals really made it work out. Howie Day isn't another whiney emo singer, who can't really sing, he can sing. // 10

Overall Impression: This is one of the best cds I've heard recently. I loved his extensive use of effects. The song I liked the best was 'Collide'. It's a rather catchy song and it is easy to relate to. There is nothing on this album that I didn't like. If I lost this album, which wouldn't surprise me, I would buy it again. // 10

Comments