I Can Make A Mess Like Nobody's Business Review

artist: i can make a mess like nobodys business date: 04/12/2005 category: compact discs
i can make a mess like nobodys business: I Can Make A Mess Like Nobody's Business
Released: Oct 26, 2004
Genre: Rock
This solo undertaking by Ace Enders, the lead singer of The Early November, is an amazing release. Featuring poignant lyrics, well-played guitar riffs, and other accompaniment, this is perhaps the best release by any new artist in 2004.
 9.7
 9.3
review (1) 3 comments vote for this album:
I Can Make A Mess Like Nobody's Business Reviewed by: unregistered, on april 12, 2005

Sound: Ace Enders' solo project has a unique and stirring sound to it, not at all unlike his band the Early November. Ace's vocals are stunning, to say the least, and the wide array of instruments gives the album real variety while still conveying the general emotional theme of the songs. Overall the sound is very well done, and quite moving. // 8

Lyrics: About as deep as Saves The Day and heartfelt as Chris Carrabba, Ace's lyrics are raw, intellegent and moving. His ability to sum up his world (including himself) into such mysteriously deep simplicity, is something truly remarkable. The end result is mesmerizing. // 10

Overall Impression: Although the name flies well below the radar, and the sound isn't exactly what one would expect from an emo band (the songs have a tendancy to run together somewhat, and the many instruments used aren't quite the norm), I have found I Can Make A Mess to be thoroughly enjoyable. I definantly recommend it, especially to fans of the Early November and emo/acoustic music in general. This album is well worth the time to find. // 10

More I Can Make A Mess Like Nobodys Business reviews rating latest review