Amidst The Bloodshed Review

i declare war: Amidst The Bloodshed
Released: Oct 9, 2007
Genre: Deathcore
Label: Compton Records
This is a very decent Deathcore album. Very heavy and very brutal with really facemelting and fitting breakdowns.
 5.9
 3.7
review (1) 6 comments vote for this album:
Amidst The Bloodshed Reviewed by: FallOhHeaven, on december 19, 2011

Sound: I was very disappointed after I listened to their album "Malevolence", but gave this band an another chance and got the older "Amidst The Bloodshed". My reaction was like "wow, now this is heavy". I have to say, this is a very decent Deathcore album. Very heavy and very brutal with really facemelting and fitting breakdowns. Well, the production isn't the best (especially the kick drum) but I can stand it. // 8

Lyrics: I don't really cared about the lyrics (they are mostly inaudible anyways) but after I've thrown a look onto them they looked pretty decent. They include social, political, anti-religious and murder topics - standard. Well the vocalist is a monster. Vocals on "Amidst The Bloodshed" include gutturals, low-pitched death growls, pig squeals and some additional gang shouts. He has a very good voice and great growling skills. // 8

Overall Impression: If you was disappointed by "Malevolence" like me, try this album. Also good CD for every Deathcore fan. If you are into slow, heavy and slamming breakdowns, gutturals, pig squeals and brutality overall, this CD is for you. If you don't like it, you'll probably not like "Amidst The Blodshed". // 8

More I Declare War reviews rating latest review