I Declare War Review

i declare war: I Declare War
Released: Oct 11, 2011
Genre: Hard Rock & Metal Rock
Label: Razor & Tie/RSM
I Declare War's new album with a new singer. It is definitely a Deathcore album, but it also has all the elements of death metal.
 6.6
 4.2
review (1) 7 comments vote for this album:
I Declare War Reviewed by: wbjackson517, on may 15, 2012

Sound: This is I Declare War's new album with a new singer. This album is Definitely a Deathcore album, but it also has all the elements of death metal. I got to see these guys live with Whitechapel on the "Welcome To Hell" tour and they were great. If you are not a Deathcore fan do not buy this. But to me, I love this album and I love this band. When you open the CD and look at it, it has a noose on it. Half the reason I like buying CDs is the packaging. There are the songs on this slab of meat and they are all awesome! // 9

Lyrics: The lyrics and the music are well written... "they came, they f**king conquered!" Very brutal lyrics and delivered well by Jamie. His vocal style is very guttural. Definitely a death metal vocalist. The album sees a lot of breakdowns and a constant pummeling by the drummer, not really blast beats but a nice heavy groove. My favorite tracks are "March On", "Human Waste", and "I, Tormentor". These guys aren't pulling off anything innovative, but I like their formula and they are probably the best band to come out of Seattle since Sacred Reich!, // 9

Overall Impression: Again "March On", "Human Waste", "I Tormentor" and "The Dot" are all brutal. But I love this whole album from start to finish. I love the fact that they don't actually sound like every other Deathcore band. They have their own sound and a lot of it has to do with the vocals. Now I understand that some people are gonna bash this band and this review. I rated "I Declare War" based on my musical tastes. I have been listening to metal since the mid eighties and Deathcore is my favorite genre. So you can write your BS comments and bash and trash this genre and this band, I do not care. I will defend IDW and any good death metal / deathcore band to the death! Pun intended. I only wished these guys had a few more solos than they do and this album would have gotten all 10's. If it was lost I would buy it again. These guys have the potential to evolve to huge status, such as Whitechapel and Suicide Silence. I hope they don't grow too stagnant. // 9

More I Declare War reviews rating latest review