Safe Is Just A Shadow Review

Label: Red Blue Records
 8.5
review (1) 5 comments vote for this album:
Safe Is Just A Shadow Reviewed by: boosted928, on july 21, 2011

Sound: "Safe Is Just A Shadow" is Ice Nine Kills third album, released around this time last year. Compared to other albums that the band has made, this is the heaviest album yet. The lead and rhythm guitars go well together. The heavier style shows in the breakdowns and the more frequent screams. I would've liked another acoustic track like "The Simple Act Of Giving Up", "What I Should Have Learned In Study Hall" or "What I Really Learned In Study Hall", but I love this album regardless. There are 10 tracks. 01. Proximity Mines In The Complex 02. Buildings Burn, People Die 03. Chris Brown's Latest Hit 04. Netwon's Third Law Of Knives To The Back 05. So This Is My Future 06. Acceptance In Waves 07. Red Sky Warning 08. The People Under The Stairs 09. The Greatest Story Ever Told (Remake from their last album "The Burning") 10. Evidence On Fire // 9

Lyrics: The lyrics give me the impression the are about overcoming and believing in something and not letting anything get in between even if there are consequences. The lyrics and music fit well together and the screams are well done. The screams also mix well with the clean vocals. Spencer, JD and Shane do a great job with all of the vocals. // 9

Overall Impression: I have always liked Ice Nine Kills because they were different than the other bands I would listen to. I love the remake of "The Greatest Story Ever Told". Two other favorites would probably be "Proximity Mines In The Complex And The People Under The Stairs". I love this album completely. I would definitely buy this album again. // 9

More Ice Nine Kills reviews rating latest review