The Glorious Burden Review

9.7
 9.9
 9.5
The Glorious Burden Reviewed by: RingmasterTJ, on january 15, 2004

Sound: Iced Earth does an amazing job creating the perfect heavy metal sound on this album. The guitars have the same heavy metal speed riffs as present with every Iced Earth album. The drums have some pretty sick beats throughout the album, much better than previous albums, and the bass is also amazing. Tim Owens new vocals take the music to new heights that it couldn't reach with Barlow, Owens does an amazing job. This may be the best sounding Iced Earth album of all time. // 10

Lyrics: Here's where the album really shines. IE is normally all about Sci-Fi, and dark horror stories, not so here. This album's lyrics, while retaining some of the usual darkness of IE are based on true historical events, namely the U.S. Civil War. The lyrics flow beautifully into each song, and fit with the music perfectly. // 10

Overall Impression: Simply pur, this is the best IE album ever. Tim Owens vocals combined with Schaffer's writing makes the perfect match. I highly recommed if you are an IE fan that you go buy this album right now, and if you haven't ever heard of IE but are interested in Heavy Metal, go buy this album. In fact even if you don't like heavy metal, go buy this album...it's that good. // 10

The Glorious Burden Reviewed by: human leg, on october 26, 2005

Sound: This is a great band. The Glorious Burden was the first of their albums I bought and it is probally my favorite. Iced Earth is very Iron Madien influenced band. On top of this it has like an opera singer which is pretty rad. // 10

Lyrics: All the lyrics are about the civil war or some other war. The way they sing is pretty nuts, for example in one of their songs, Atila, they have these two voices of opposite sides and they are singing back and forth. I really like the voices in this CD. // 9

Overall Impression: As I said this is probably my favorite of their CDs. My favorite songs of this CD are "The Reckoning," which is the first song I heard of theirs, "Attila," and the Gettysburg songs. They don't really have a "bad song" on this album all of them are pretty crazy. // 10

More Iced Earth reviews rating latest review