Confession Review

9.2
 9.4
reviews (2) 1 comment vote for this album:
Confession Reviewed by: Mecod, on february 19, 2004

Sound: This Record sounds great! The boys of Ill Nino produce another Solid Metal Record. I first Drawn to this record because of the HEAVY riffs with subliminal Latin Influences. This is Metal with Taste, for example: in quite a few songs on Confession, their is a flemenco guitar, and Bongo Drums... I love this Record, but SOME friends of mine feel hat it's too "SCREAMY", I disagree, but if your not into the screaming stuff, the record is still worth the buy because the songs w/o the 'heavy' voice are just amazing! // 10

Lyrics: Well, the lyrics themselves are nothing spectacular...but Cristian Machado is the perfect singer for this style of music, he sounds consistantly good...but like I said before, he's a Screamer...I really like it, but it's up to you to deceide if that's what your intrested in. // 8

Overall Impression: A solid metal album, and a MUST HAVE for any fan of heavy metal, also a MUST HAVE for anybody looking for musical influences...This is Metal w/ Taste, and these days that is very hard to come by! The band has two drummers, Dave Chavarri and Danny Couto, who together create a very interesting feel to the songs...well done! Unfortunately, Ill Nino has not yet completely broken away from their curse of having songs sound similiar, with a few songs on the album that sound VERY much the same...Still worth the buy... // 8

Confession Reviewed by: unregistered, on may 03, 2004

Sound: The sound on this album is complete. Every instrument on the album is heard. The point that I would like to bring up is that Ill Nino have a drummer and then a percussionist, which is really cool. The guitars have some really great riffs, the acoustic guitars are amazing. Overall, I was extremly impressed with the sound. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are good, and I think even sound better when sung in Spanish. But also the lyrics were the only bad aspect of this album. The reason for this is that the lyrics are redundant. In more than one song he sings about how as he gets older he has a shortage of patience. You think to yourself...yeah I think he told me that like 3 songs back. // 8

Overall Impression: I think every song on this album has a great message and sound to offer. I was really impressed with this album, and now I am even more impressed after listening to their first album, which is also amazing. Buying the 2 Ill Nino albums that have been released so far, is definately something you should think about. // 10

More Ill Nino reviews rating latest review