One Nation Underground Review

ill nino: One Nation Underground
Released: Sep 27, 2005
Label: Roadrunner
Genres: Alternative Metal, Heavy Metal
It sounds fine, it has some good songs and riffs, and it should please all Ill Nino fans, but it shouldn't attract anybody who doesn't already listen to them.
 8.4
 7.7
review (1) 2 comments vote for this album:
One Nation Underground Reviewed by: sestemofatowel, on october 10, 2005

Sound: The style they used on this record stays true to the their roots. It's still heavy nu-metal guitars (kinda Godsmack style) and they still have very tribal based percussions. Christian's vocals are just as good as they've ever been. He is using a new growl voice that kinda sounds like Atreyu which I don't like, it's like that forced fake growl, and he over uses it. It fits the music so you can look past it. Sound wise it all goes together pretty well. // 8

Lyrics: Christian's style is still the same, most of the songs are pointed at one person, or written in second person. "You did this, and your so that" etc etc. Some of his lyrics are kinda forced and not so creative, but it goes with the music. And of course he still uses lots of spanish. I still love his voice. // 7

Overall Impression: Overall, its about what I could expect, there arent any songs that really jump at me, unlike their previous effort "Confession," but this is still a very good nu-metal album, If you like Godsmack, or Static-X etc. I'd defantly recomend this for you. If this was stolen from me, I'd be angery, but I wouldn't rush right out to pay another $15 for it, but I would look on eBay. // 8

More Ill Nino reviews rating latest review