Big Rusty Balls Review

Ill Repute: Big Rusty Balls
Released: Apr 21, 1994
Genre: Rock
Styles: Alternative Pop/Rock
This album is great! Catchy tunes, plus the vocals are split between John and Tony, giving you the best of both worlds.
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
Big Rusty Balls Reviewed by: dieiervonstn, on february 25, 2005

Sound: A buddy of mine told me about this Cali punk band he was into when he lived in LA. The band was called Ill Repute. But he told me I would most likely not be able to find any of their CDs anywhere. One day at my local record store, in the "Bargain Rack," I picked up this CD for $1. It was well worth the buck I spent on it. Basically a typical punk band, Ill Repute talk about society, girlfriends, and things like that. My friend couldn't believe I had found this CD, especially not for a dollar. But I love it. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are typical punk lyrics. Society sucks, girlfriends suck, etc. Not much to say here. The singer sounds like a typical punk singer. // 10

Overall Impression: The best songs are "Hold On," "Stop It Now" and "Out Of Mind," but the whole CD is killer. They even have a Tom Petty cover on it ("American Girl"). I think this is one of my favorite CDs I own, at least the best punk CD I own. They sound like a typical punk band, but there's still something about this band that sticks out from the other typical punk bands. Maybe it's because finding this CD was so rare, so I like it more. I don't know. If you can somehow find this CD, buy it. Good luck with that. Rock on. // 10

Comments