Nailed. Dead. Risen. Review

artist: impending doom date: 05/07/2008 category: compact discs
impending doom: Nailed. Dead. Risen.
Release Date: Sep 4, 2007
Label: Facedown
Genres: Death Metal
There's a new marque of darkness coming out of the amplifiers of Impending Doom.
review (1) 15 comments vote for this album:
Nailed. Dead. Risen. Reviewed by: punk_metal, on may 07, 2008

Sound: Leaning more towards the brutal death metal side of deathcore, this band delivers a tough break into the scene with Nailed.Dead.Risen. With christian lyrics, they call it "gorship". The albums recording quality gets a bit monotonous at times and the quality isnt that clear, but this has got to be one of my favourite albums of all time. The song Silence the Opressors has got to be the best song delivering crushing riffs and the breakdown right after the words "Are You Listening?" is screamed melts my face off everytime. The albums drumming is brilliant and the vocals are absolutely amazing, with Brett having possibly one of the best low growls in deathcore today. Check out My Nemesis, Silence the Opressors and Feeding The Decomposing. // 9

Lyrics: Lyric wise, this band amazes me with the scene at the moment being a bit stale. Me being a christian myself can relate to the lyrics. The song "My Nemesis" is about the weight of satan and overcoming sin. The lyrics are typical christian-like, but with added violence and gore for the death metal lovers. As with much of the christian bands today, controversy follows. Bretts voice has got to be the biggest asset for the band, with a great range of vocals. // 8

Overall Impression: This album is a lot better structured then their previous EP and obviously has better production. The most impressive songs on the album have to be Silence the Opressors and Feeding the Decomposing. If this album were stolen I would definately purchase it again. // 9

More Impending Doom reviews rating latest review