There Will Be Violence Review

impending doom: There Will Be Violence
Released: Jul 20, 2010
Genre: Deathcore, Death Metal, Christian Metal, Metalcore
Label: Facedown Records
Overall its a great tasting death metal sandwich! I really got into the songs "Children Of Wrath" and "Peace Illusion".
 8.6
 8.2
There Will Be Violence Reviewed by: DeanV's, on august 09, 2010

Sound: I am a pretty big fan of Impending Doom! They got into death metal. I listened to Hells Holocaust on The Sin and Doom Of Godless Men and I was istantly hooked! Anyways back to There Will Be Violence. It is a pretty crushing album/ It starts with Hell Breaks Loose than it Goes into There Will Be Violence. Its epicly awesome! I had a problem with only one track. Orphans is hard for me to listen to the whole song. To me it isnt catchy like Children of Wrath or Peace Illusion. Those songs stuck to me like glue. // 8

Lyrics: Usual Impending Doom lyrics. Christian influenced. Brooke changed it up a little but still the same as the Serpant Servant. My favorite line is probably off the song There Will Be Violence. "All you unbelievers who repeatdly try to retain your faith in Humanity I promise you there will be violence. // 8

Overall Impression: I give it a 9 only cause of Orphans. Overall its a great tasting death metal sandwich! I really got into the songs Children of Wrath and Peace Illusion. They both got a great groove. Lets just say this album is stayin in the CD player for quite a while. It aint getting stolen I will protect this album with all my might! This Is My First Review! Tell Me How I Did! // 9

There Will Be Violence Reviewed by: wbjackson517, on may 16, 2012

Sound: These guys seem more metalcore than deathcore. That being said, they did open for Whitechapel on the European leg of the Welcome To Hell tour. Impending Doom is a Christian "gorship" band. Meaning they worship god through their gore style of music. I personally love the band and this album is great. They are not really all that innovative, but I love this style of music. This album was produced by Tim Lambesis of As I Lay Dying at his studio. Tim also contributes vocals to "Orphans" and Vincent Bennett from The Acacia Strain also appears on "Peace Illusion". // 8

Lyrics: The lyrics are faith oriented. It is shocking to me that they would have a song called, or even name their album "There Will Be Violence". I love the intro and in the middle if it the singer whispers... Silence... Before they kick off into the title track. The one thing I do notice, is that they kind of sound like As I Lay Dying, but maybe a bit heavier. The thing I love about deathcore/metalcore, is the musicianship. The guitar player is amazing and the drummer is awesome, while the bass player rounds everything out musically. The vocals are killer and keeps everything brutal. // 8

Overall Impression: Impending Doom are evolving and in the right direction. They are socially better than As I Lay Dying. There leaps and bounds better than say Suicide Silence or As Blood Runs Black. The standouts on this album are "There Will Be Violence", "Orphans", and "Peace Illusion". I really dig these guys and I am definitely gonna check out their newest offering. There is nothing that I personally dislike and I would definitely buy it again if I lost it. // 8

More Impending Doom reviews rating latest review