Sarsippius' Ark Review

infectious grooves: Sarsippius' Ark
Released: Feb 2, 1993
Genre: Rock
Styles: Heavy Metal, Funk Metal, Alternative Metal
This little collection has a few real gems on it, however, there's also quite a bit of stuff that could have been left off.
 9.5
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
Sarsippius' Ark Reviewed by: dieiervonstn, on february 17, 2005

Sound: My cousin first told me about this band. He told me it was the members of Suicidal Tendencies with a funk edge to them. I told him I'd check em out, but I didn't think this cd would be inducted into my top 5 list so fast. The CD reminds me of early '90s funk-metal (RHCP, Fishbone, Primus, etc). Everytime I listen to it, the CD gets better. I wish they were still around so I could see them kick it live. But the CD is sufficient I guess. Go out and buy this if you are looking for something new, a fresh breath of air in today's bullshit "K-mart metal." // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are not depressing in any way, shape, or form, which like I said, is refreshing in today's music society of "I hate my dad, I hate my life, blah blah blah..." Although I listen to some of these bands, they do get old after a while, so the funk metal of Infectious Grooves is something new. The songs are about being funky, and having a good time. Plus there is a Led Zeppelin cover on the CD. ("Immigrant Song" - nothing like the original). And the intermittent interludes from someone that sounds similar to Brak From Space Ghost-Coast To Coast are humorous, and not at all take away from the musical genius of the rest of the CD. And Mike Muir, the singer of both this band and Suicidal, sounds nothing like he does in Suicidal. // 10

Overall Impression: This cd is one-of-a-kind. It rules. The lyrics/vocals are promising and almost uplifting. (I'm not talking gospel here, but its not depressing). And it's actually nice to see a CD without a parental advisory sticker, or an album cover that reminds me of something really sad. If I still smoked pot, this would definitely be one of my "stoner albums." The "Immigrant Song" cover is the reason I bought this CD over the other 3 or 4 that they have. This CD is awesome, and I have a feeling it will only get better with time. // 10

More Infectious Grooves reviews rating latest review