White Butterfly Review

inme: White Butterfly
Released: Jun 20, 2005
Label: V2
Genre: Rock
This album is varied and powerful yet easily accessible for the discerning audience that is the modern rock buyer.
 Lyrics: 9.3
 9.2
 9.5
 8.9
White Butterfly Reviewed by: unregistered, on august 29, 2005

Sound: Since overgrown eden inme has matured in their music. Every track has its own unique style and its own high points. Stand out tracks would be "Just A Glimpse," "7 Weeks," "So You Know," "Faster The Chase," "You'll Get There," "Otherside" and "Angels With Snipers." The only track I truly dislike is "Every Whisper Aches" which is an extra anyway so who cares. Everybody says inme has become more like a boy band which I guess from "Almost Lost" could be true but that's only one song. Inme still has its cutting edge and that, I doubt they will every lose. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics in this song are strong. The only let down is in Chamber "I walk into your room I wish this was my tomb." Even the rest of Chamber isn't bad! That's the only downfall the rest of Inme's music is blissfully filled with metaphors and similies that relate to their old music like in Crushed Like Fruit "Like a waterfall in black and white." // 10

Overall Impression: This is one of my favorite ten albums, alongside inmes previous record "Overgrown Eden." Daves voice has matured to the point where he can scream melodicly and in an instand change his voice seemingly into liquid except more controled. His guitar work is probably just as good as it's always been flawless and to the point. Drums are excellent in this album I love the beat to 7 Weeks. Joe Morgan's voice is not my favorite but in some songs it can stand out and it just seems to fit perfectly like in "Just A Glimpse." His bass playing has also improved vastly. If someone stole this album I would hunt them down and rip their guts out then make them eat them. Buy this album now, I promise you won't regret it. // 10

White Butterfly Reviewed by: unregistered, on july 25, 2005

Sound: Different to Overgrown Eden, with more effects and addition but in my opinion this makes White Butterfly better. A few slower songs on this like 'Almost Lost' and 'Every Whisper Aches' which arent really my scene, and theres a bit less bass in most of the songs, but the other amazing songs like 'Just a Glimpse' and 'This Town' more than make up for this. The band have more skill (as proved in the guitar falls in 'Just A Glimpse'). // 8

Lyrics: Dave's lost non of his lyrical skill, the lyrics are just as good (if not better) than overgrown eden. Some great lines in 'This Town' which I can relate to (having grown up in a village). Same sort of theme as overgrown eden, but less dark and (in my opinion) better. // 10

Overall Impression: Amazing album, better than overgrown eden although similar in some ways. Best songs are '7 Weeks', 'Just A Glimpse', 'This Town' and 'Faster The Chase' - all played with amazing skill and with brilliant lyrics. Definately buy this album again, worth every penny. Inme done a great job with this one. // 10

White Butterfly Reviewed by: trivial, on december 14, 2005

Sound: At first listen the music seems really light ang pretty easy to play. Listen to it a bit more and you notice small things that you never noticed were there. To me this band is amazing, I didn't realise this till I saw them live. It makes you wonder how can a guy sing that high! It's amazing! The name of the album was for a friend of the band who passes away but was obbsessed with white butterflies. I'm not sure what genre this band are but they are probably rock with a touch of emo (in my view). I can't think of anything bad because I think this record is just so great. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics sometimes don't make sense. 'They can't speak English' my frined once told me and at a read of the lyrics I had to agree. 'She's like a glass of water' what's that about? But anything Dave sings he could make sound good I'm sure of that. His voice is amazing. Not strong but it is meaningful and full of expression. // 8

Overall Impression: Their first album is heavier than this one but they are both good. My favourite tracks on this album are 7 weeks and almost lost. But I don't think there are any bad points about this album. I'm never going to lose this album as I always have it in my CD player! I have managed to get all my friends into them and so it can't be that bad I guess! // 10

More Inme reviews rating latest review
+ The Pride 9.1 02/21/2012