No Spiritual Surrender Review

Genre: Rock
Styles: Hardcore Punk
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
No Spiritual Surrender Reviewed by: dieiervonstn, on february 27, 2005

Sound: Zack De La Rocha's first band is a hardcore punk band. Quite a jump to Rage Against The Machine, but both bands are politcally active. But both bands are talented. "No Spiritual Surrender" is a 16-minute EP with more energy than most bands out there. "Undertone" is my favorite song, but they are all good. My cousin got this CD and gave it to me because he didn't like it. I think it's great. // 10

Lyrics: Zack sounds nothing like he does in RATM. I was skeptical when my cousin told me is was Zack's first band. But after some close listening and research on different music sites, I found that it was. The lyrics are similar to what he does in Rage, political. But what hardcore punk band isn't political? Over the 6 songs, Zack's throat has to be dead. It hurts my throat just listening. // 10

Overall Impression: They sound like most hardcore bands, but the CD is older ('94) and sounds rawer and heavier than most of today's hardcore bands. It's not a bad EP overall. I wish they could've released more CDs, but this one is good. Also, I wish is was longer. But, again, overall it's a great hardcore EP. If you can find it anywhere, pick it up. It'll be worth it. // 10

Comments