Straight Edge Failure Review

9.2
 8.3
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
Straight Edge Failure Reviewed by: nebensklo, on january 07, 2008

Sound: MADD would love this band! They make fast, thrashy hardcore under the influence of the Dead Kennedy's, MDC and alcohol. I love their music, exspecially because they are so unique! They combinate thrash and hardcore in a way I can't describe but I love it. The two last songs are kind of boring, I don't like it so much and they seem to be live, but the other songs are so great that I directly want to jump in the moshpit. Drunk music for drunk people. // 8

Lyrics: I don't understand the lyrics good, but it seems they sing a lot about beeing drunk and doing stupid things while they're drunk. Nothing very amazing but it's pretty funny. I love their singer. He's called John the Baker. He screams, shouts and growls (not often), but always with melody. So I love his voice. In one song the female bass player sings in a short part, it sounds kind of basely, so well done. // 9

Overall Impression: I almost said they sound unique (in my opinion) but it's like a mix of MDC, Dead Kennedys and some thrash. The best songs are "Satan", "M.F.B.W." "7th Heaven," "The Final Straw" and the very short song "Ate My Rent". I don't like the live track so much. And there's a short "Bonus Track" without vocals that I don't like. If I lost or stole it I would propably buy it, amazing. // 8

Comments