Moment Of Reckoning Review

Jacknife: Moment Of Reckoning
Release Date: Sep 6, 2005
Label: Zero Sum
Genres: Doom Metal, Heavy Metal
What sets this album above your typical metal album is the sense of rhythm it brings to metal.
 8.9
 8.7
review (1) 4 comments vote for this album:
Moment Of Reckoning Reviewed by: seanius, on august 28, 2006

Sound: This band (Jacknife) are a fairly new band to me but I've listened to their album enough to be able to review it well. Jacknife are not a huge band but in my eyes will make it close to the top of the metal charts one day! They are mainly a hardcore band but they also incorporate such styles as thrash/metalcore. Jacknife are a very fast band without any melodic vocal parts but more than they make up for that with their amazing power and in your face sound! // 8

Lyrics: The lyrics are well written, however they are not the best I have heard! The fact that three of the members can sing well contributes to the band's great sound. The lead vocalists (Ortiz) vocal power is powerful but in my eyes it could be more controlled which I expect will happen over time like many other vocalists, Chimaira's Mark Hunter for example didn't have very controlled vocal abilities when he started but listen to him now! // 9

Overall Impression: This record (Moment Of Reckoning) does compare to a lot of other records but on the whole does not reach the top of my favourites list! "A Glimpse OF Hell" was the first and only song I heard before buying the album so that obviously is a great song, and "Deception" (tabbed out by me) which incorporates great riffs as well as a few hardcore breakdowns reaches the top of my favourites on the album but it is also the shortest only lasting roughly 1 minute and 30/45 seconds but none-the-less is a great (fast-paced) song! The main thing that I love about this CD is the constant power that the band produces, but it's hard for me to pinpoint the least favourite thing so I'm going to leave this blank! I'm not sure if I would buy this CD again if it was stolen but I would definately consider doing so! In conlcusion, this is a band worth checking out but it is also one of those bands that "you either love or you hate"! // 9

Comments