Nothing's Shocking Review

artist: janes addiction date: 11/01/2004 category: compact discs
janes addiction: Nothing's Shocking
Released: 1988
Genre: Rock
Styles: College Rock, Hard Rock, Alternative Pop/Rock, Heavy Metal, Alternative Metal
Nothing's Shocking is a must-have for lovers of cutting-edge, influential, and timeless hard rock.
 8.9
 8.7
review (1) 6 comments vote for this album:
Nothing's Shocking Reviewed by: UtBDan, on november 01, 2004

Sound: This is the first (and only) Jane's Addiction CD I've bought. I always heard I would like there sound - and guess what? I heard right. Jane's Addiction sounds, quite frankly, like a jazz funk metal punk rock n roll screamathon. And it is. I love the sound, and I can't say whether this CD displays it better than the other CDs like I could with AC/DC or the Red Hot Chili Peppers, but I can certainly tell you there are great songs on this CD and that there are no bad ones. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics to this aren't always brilliant, but they're certainly always good. They always fit the song and never seem out of place. In fact, a lot of time, there isn't singing because the music is so weird that there wouldn't be appropriate lyrics with it (honestly weird music this is). It's still great when the singer does sing, but it's not like this is the most gifted section of the CD. // 8

Overall Impression: This CD is pretty good. It's got a great sound, and 3 or 4 great songs. The rest of the songs are always above average, but not all of them are classics. For that reason I'll give it a 4. It's not flawless, but it's something I could put in a CD player, hit random on, and enjoy not say "aww any song but this one" to at any point at all. I wouldn't say it's a classic, but if you're looking into buying a Jane's Addiction CD; this is my starting point, and what a great starting point it is. // 8

More Janes Addiction reviews rating latest review