Ritual De Lo Habitual Review

janes addiction: Ritual De Lo Habitual
Released: Aug 21, 1990
Genre: Rock
Styles: College Rock, Alternative Metal, Alternative Pop/Rock, Heavy Metal
Ritual de lo Habitual served as Jane's Addiction's breakthrough to the mainstream, and remains one of rock's all-time sprawling masterpieces.
 9.7
 9.3
review (1) 3 comments vote for this album:
Ritual De Lo Habitual Reviewed by: unregistered, on february 05, 2005

Sound: The music and sound in this CD are fantastic. The vocals are easy to hear, and nothing is out of place. They have some very strange sounds, expecially on 'Of Course' (one of my favorite songs), 'Ain't No Right', and 'No One's Leaving'. The CD starts off with one of the most energetic songs I've ever heard, when it comes on I just want to jump around the room. The sound is just great on this album. // 10

Lyrics: Even though some of the songs the lyrics aren't that deep, songs like 'Three Days' and 'The She Did...' are just masterpieces. Perry Ferral's voice has always been strange and different, but that's good, I just don't get tired of his strange vocals. // 10

Overall Impression: I loved this CD I'm a huge Jane's fan, but this is by far my favorite CD. I know it's there Breakout CD and it's cliche' for me to say it's my favorite, but it truley is great. This is one of my favorite CD's of all time, right up there with 'VS.', 'Jar Of Flies', and 'Blood, Sugar, Sex, Magic'. // 10

More Janes Addiction reviews rating latest review