Good Monsters Review

jars of clay: Good Monsters
Release Date: Sep 5, 2006
Label: Essential
Genres: CCM, Alternative CCM, Adult Alternative Pop/Rock
Good Monsters is a departure from that debut, but assuredly a welcome one that yet again demonstrates the band's depth and talent.
 9.9
review (1) 5 comments vote for this album:
Good Monsters Reviewed by: N-sane, on july 02, 2007

Sound: This Album starts off with a more energised performance, which I hardly expected but really enjoyed it. I really felt it was a bit of a Coldplay sound but different in some ways. Towards the end the album has the softer sounds but are really brought to a real climax. The vocals again vary in throughout the songs but still the good old Jars of Clay we know. // 10

Lyrics: Again, it's a strongly Christian album, not worrying about not mentioning some key facts in the Christian life. I must say the lyrics will bring understanding, clarity and a good feel when you listen and take note of them. The singer lacks no skills and has nailed each song perfectly. // 10

Overall Impression: There is a very ideal contrasts of sounds throughout this album wich leaves all music lovers from acoustic to country to alternate rock with a favorite song. I would never regret buying the album and I always listen to it. There are real classics (songs) on the album. The best would have to be, Dead Man (Carry Me) and Oh My God. I would listen to the album over again but only on shuffle as you may go from 3 consecutive alternative songs on it to 4 acoustic songs, which may get irritating. Overall, one of the best albums I've ever bought. // 10

More Jars Of Clay reviews rating latest review