Wide Open Review

7.5
 7.9
review (1) 4 comments vote for this album:
Wide Open Reviewed by: unregistered, on september 18, 2009

Sound: Jason Aldean is as close to rock as country can get. The electric guitar is great, packing in a solo in almost every song. The riff in She's Country reminds me of AC/DC's Back in Black, and the solo is one good dance rythum. I like the style of Jason Aldean, it puts in a lot of things country music hasn't done yet. I could compare him to Brad Paisley and Keith Urban, only much more rock style. His style is definetly a revolution in country. // 8

Lyrics: Jason Aldean doesn't write most of the songs on the album, but the lyrics are still pretty good. The beginning of Big Green Tractor is pretty week, "The Dogs were all barkin' and a waggin' around, and I just laughed and said y'all get in". The lyrics don't go together good. The fast talkin' She's Country flows perfectly though. The lyric "Lunitic from Brunswick" is great. Other songs are just good, not great, such as: Don't give up on Me and Crazy Town. Wide Open goes together well. But I see his style: lyrics that don't have to ryhme, but just sound good and work. Nothing's wrong with that. As for his singing itself, it aint the best, but it's pretty good. He'll go far. // 6

Overall Impression: Country's next Brad Paisley or Keith Urban just defined himself with this album. It incorprates great electric rock songs, great ballads, and more. Songs such as "She's Country", "Crazy Town", and "Wide Open" are just the kind've thing you'd expect from him. A Song you wouldn't expect is "Big Green Tractor". That hasn't been done, ever. I love this album, and think he'll go far. Sincerely, Guitarslinger // 7

More Jason Aldean reviews rating latest review