Live At Berkeley: 2nd Show Review

jimi hendrix: Live At Berkeley: 2nd Show
Release Date: Sep 16, 2003
Label: May 30, 1970
Genres: Album Rock, Blues-Rock, Hard Rock
It's all just another example of how Jimi had become a crystal clear spokesperson for the people, a leader with a vision.
 9.2
 8.4
review (1) 22 comments vote for this album:
Live At Berkeley: 2nd Show Reviewed by: cheeseisthebomb, on september 24, 2007

Sound: Jimi Hendrix's sound is like no other. I can't even think of one other artist that sounds just like him. When he first came out with his first album, nobody had heard anything like him before, and since then there have been some lame attemps. This album was recorded live, so there are some problems with the sound such as feedback and such, but that's to be expected. Jimi Hendrix is extremly versitle. He ranges from everything to blues to hard rock. // 10

Lyrics: Jimi Hendrix is both a great lyricist. However, when he plays live, he is usually worried more about his guitar playing than singing. The singing at Berkley was better than they were at woodstock. I don't even know why we are using the words "Lyric" and "Hendrix" in the same sentense, since his playing is so good. Even if he never sang the experiance would still be one of my most favorite bands. // 10

Overall Impression: Like I said before, I've yet heard anyone that sounds like Hendrix so I can't compare to anyone else. After the intro, Jimi starts playing "Pass It On" which happens to be one of the best songs on the album. "Hey Joe", "Lover Man", "Purple Haze", and the extended eleven minute "Voodo Chile (Slight Return)" are also good songs. The verzion of Voodo Chile (Slight Return) on this album is the greatest to date in my opinon. However, the song "Machine Gun" got boring after the first 7 minutes. Other than that, this is a great album and I wouldn't even think twice about buying it again if it got stolen. // 10

More Jimi Hendrix reviews rating latest review