Blues Deluxe Review

joe bonamassa: Blues Deluxe
Release Date: Aug 26, 2003
Label: Medalist
Genres: Modern Electric Blues, Blues-Rock
With the release of Blues Deluxe, the young guitarist is doing the same with the roots of the blues.
 9.7
 9.3
review (1) 3 comments vote for this album:
Blues Deluxe Reviewed by: tilleking, on january 16, 2007

Sound: Joe Bonamassa is one of the best guitarists alive today. If not the very best. His technique is breathtaking. His sound is similar to SRV and Eric Johnson. Much of his music is fast, though he does include slower songs on this album. In my opinion, there isn't a weak track on this album. Odds are, you will find a particular track you like, then end up listening to it on repeat for weeks on end. Then another track will take over after that! Though the album is brilliant all in one go too. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are typical bluesy lyrics in most of the songs. They all fit in with the music really well. Being bluesy lyrics, they can become repetitive to non-blues fans. At first, I found Joe's voice rather tedious, then after lots of listening, I fell in love with his voice. He is actually a really strong singer, and has many skills. // 10

Overall Impression: This is one of Joe's best albums. Other albums of his I have include 'A New Day Yesterday', 'Had to Cry Today' and 'You & Me'. In my opinion, this record comes in a tied first first place, along with 'Had to Cry Today'. If you are planning to buy a Joe Bonamassa album for the first time, I recommend this one. The particularly sensational songs on the CD include: 'Walking Blues', 'Blues Deluxe' and 'Burning Hell'. Their riffs are guaranteed to stick in your head. I love the entire album. It will leave you wanting more, and you'll be off down the shops (or logging on Amazon) to buy more! // 10

More Joe Bonamassa reviews rating latest review