Acoustic Review

artist: joey cape and tony sly date: 09/07/2005 category: compact discs
joey cape and tony sly: Acoustic
Released: May 18, 2004
Label: Fat Wreck Chords
Genre: Rock
Acoustic is a chance for fans of both No Use For A Name and Lagwagon to hear some of the bands most popular songs as they were originally written, on an acoustic guitar.
 9.1
 8.2
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
Acoustic Reviewed by: unregistered, on september 07, 2005

Sound: This is a split CD that Joey Cape from Lagwagon and Tony Sly Sly from No Use For A Name. It is all the hits from their spaning careers. This is by far the best acoustic CD I've ever heard in my life. Mainly because of the fact I'm a huge NUFAN and Lagwagon fan. It doesn't sound like most acoustic CDs. Where a normal acoustic CD sounds like the same progression. They took the Lagwagon and No Use For A Name songs to their best. There were many other instruments used such as an accordion, a set of stringed instruments mainly cellos and violins. They played very well and it was engineered very well also. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are amazing on this cd going from an "Unlucky Seventeen" year old girl, to more controversial Punk lyrics such as Tragic Vision done by Joey Cape. The lyrics are very compelling to me. The last song on the cd ends with Joey Cape singing "Tonight the drunks are infected, we're on our way" and then there is a very faint guitar playing then a sing chord is hit and makes you want to cry. The song Tragic Vision is off of Lagwagon's "DUH" album. It's about the things that were going on in the world, very punkish in the way that Joey Says "In this faltering nation the future belongs, to the children in school there's something wrong. Six grader on crack handgun overflowing in his hand" until they mad I acoustic. The first song off the CD just to give you my favorite off of both ends of the CD is very good. "International You Day" came off of No use For A name's Hard Rock Bottom CD and by far is the best song on this CD by Tony Sly. It enterts with I believe a harpsichord playing a tune then in come the acoustic guitar. Lyrics are very pop but one of my favorite No Use songs. // 10

Overall Impression: This is by far the most controversial album in my life. I hate that it isn't longer and that the last song on the CD wasn't there because I can't listen to it without crying. The last song is still my favorite though. I don't know what I would do if I lost it I lost it once and got depressed. My brother bought we both kind of share it but I'd buy it. Get it for tose lonely nights. Or to share with a loved one. // 10

Comments