Rhino's Revenge Review

8.3
 9.8
review (1) 3 comments vote for this album:
Rhino's Revenge Reviewed by: bass1991guitar, on june 29, 2006

Sound: It's pretty hard to get hold of but bloody hell does this CD rocks! John Edwards is Status Quo's bassist and if any of you have ever heard the Quo then you will know that he rarely uses anything but root notes. Well if that's what you think then be prepared to be proved wrong because this bass player is using every trick under the sun. The album is aimed at people who have ever "pissed off" the man himself (Hence Rhino's Revenge). And in case you're wondering Rhino got his name mainly because he is so clumsy. // 10

Lyrics: Now the album is very political. Every song means something. I love (from a bass players point of veiw) "Don't Come Around Here No More" due to it's absoloutly fantastic bassline. I'll have to tab that, anyway each song is about something that annoys our horned bassist. Some of the songs are about teenage pregnancy, illegal immigrants and arguments with his wife. Now Rhino is no singer compared to Francis Rossi but you will have heard him sing "Centerfold". The lyrics work so well especially with his band. God can Dave Goodes solo! And Rhino's Status Graphite bass sounds class (I want one). Even though all members of Quo feature on the CD at different points this is a rock CD. Not Status Quo. Not. "Republican" is a little Quoish but not much. // 7

Overall Impression: Give it a try. It's so funny and it has a pop at pretty much everything in the world including lazy people. But it didn't insult me that much (I'm not that lazy). Quo fan or not this album is different. But you'll be lucky to get it. The label (Pinacle) is crap and only ship one at a time once every ten years or something stupid like that. So if you are lucky enough to get it, don't lose it. All bassists need this CD. // 8

Comments