Live In Houston 1981: The Escape Tour Review

journey: Live In Houston 1981: The Escape Tour
Release Date: May 16, 2006
Label: Columbia/Legacy
Genres: Hard Rock, Pop/Rock, Arena Rock, Album Rock
Until the band reunites with Perry supplying the vocals, it's the next best thing to actually being there.
 6.1
 2.3
 9.8
review (1) 8 comments vote for this album:
Live In Houston 1981: The Escape Tour Reviewed by: Twist of fate, on july 13, 2007

Sound: I've always loved journey. The smooth soft piano, the melodic vocals of steve perry, the harmonic guitar. So I decided that they would probably sound better live. I went out and purchased Journey's cd of them playing live for thier new album "Escape". The tour took place in Houston in November 1981. The sound was clear and just amazing. I would say the main style was a mix between classic and arena rock. The sound was echoing and just smooth. Anything you would want in an concert, it's there! // 3

Lyrics: Since I've listened to the songs so much, (it's hard not to) I already knew the lyrics. However, thinking from the standpoint of someone first listening to those songs, I think they'd understand them clearly and perfectly. The lyrics were smooth and blended with the song. Steve Perry, the singer, is just great at singing and he never ceases to amaze me. // 2

Overall Impression: I really cannot compare the greatness of this to another album. Maybe the fact it sounded better live could compare to how Led Zeppelin sounded better live in "The Song Remains the Same". I love how perfect my three favourite songs on the album sounded: Don't Stop Believin', Stone In Love, Wheel In The Sky. I hated how some of the songs that should have been there were replaced by solos of Neil Schon and Johnathon Cain. However, those solos were great and didn't fail to impress me. If it were stolen or lost, I would definitley buy it again. No question about it. Yes I would. I hope that the children of today can experience new styles of music and perhaps one day enjoy it. I reccomend this CD to anyone looking for a new style of music. I hope you the reader will someday buy it and enjoy the sheer brilliance of this performance too! // 2

More Journey reviews rating latest review
+ Eclipse 8.4 05/27/2011