Revelation Review

journey: Revelation
Released: Jun 3, 2008
Genre: Rock
Label: Nomota LLC
Revelation is the first studio album by American rock band Journey with Filipino singer Arnel Pineda as their new vocalist.
 9.5
 9.3
 9.7
review (1) 5 comments vote for this album:
Revelation Reviewed by: Quik Axe Player, on september 30, 2008

Sound: This is Journey's first album with new lead singer Arnel Pineda. The band now has it's closest sounding singer to "the voice," former lead singer Steve Perry. I believe it's the best sounding album since Perry departure, don't mind the pund to the album of the same name. The album has the typical Journey sound, which some many like or dislike. I enjoy how they were able to take their sound and make it sound richer, especially on the re-recording of their greatest hits. // 10

Lyrics: With Steve Perry out of the band, most of the songwriting is now left to Jonathan Cain and Neal Schon. The two of them have done decent job writing the songs. The lyrics are going to be typical of the band's sound, I.e. a ballads. Lyrics about love while a piano is playing is something to expect a few times. Pineda's vocals are amazing! For a newcomer to Journey, they almost couldn't tell the difference between him and Perry. They are back to their old ways with a tenor vocalist. // 9

Overall Impression: Overall, the album is a good buy for the any Journey fans new and old alike. While some may be might not like it because it isn't Perry, it's still Journey. I find myself enjoying "Never Walk Away" and "After All These Years" the most of the new songs. Of the hits, "Faithfully" sounds amazing with Jonathan Cain's new piano. I love the fact that the band continues on without Steve Perry, but I didn't like that there wasn't much new material with a faster tempo. I would buy this again if lost or stolen, even though I doubt that will ever happen. // 9

More Journey reviews rating latest review
+ Eclipse 8.4 05/27/2011