Demolition Review

judas priest: Demolition
Released: Jul 31, 2001
Genre: Rock
Styles: Heavy Metal, Hard Rock, British Metal
If you are a fan of classic Priest, maybe you should hear this one first, but if you are into more modern dark metal, by all means, pick it up.
 8.6
 9.3
 7.8
review (1) 4 comments vote for this album:
Demolition Reviewed by: ihaveastrat, on february 14, 2005

Sound: This album has a simply awesome sound. Not only does it have a heavy darker side, it also has an equally impressive acoustic side. I find it extremely hard to namea weak track on it, in complete honesty I would say that cyberface is a slightly weaker track, but don't get me wrong this is a very consistent album. The production quality is crisp and clean bringing through the almighty sounds of this superb album. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are very good, surprising you may think for a heavy metal album. Most of the songs have a really good message coming through, via the lyrics. They are about sticking up for yourself, fighting against what you know is wrong. Despite the fact this album was recorded with their new singer (Ripper Owens, now departed due to the return of Rob Halford) the singing is very powerful and thoughtful. // 8

Overall Impression: This is definitely one of the best Priest's albums along with Britsh Steel and Screaming For Vengeance. It just has such a great feel and sound to it. I was stunned when I first heard, though many people at twelve would have thought differently. I wait in great anticipation for their new album Angel Of Retribution and also very much to seeing them live in March. // 10

More Judas Priest reviews rating latest review