Metal Works 73-93 Review

artist: judas priest date: 04/07/2011 category: compact discs
judas priest: Metal Works 73-93
Released: May 18, 1993
Genre: Rock
Styles: Hard Rock, Heavy Metal, British Metal, New Wave Of British Heavy Metal, Album Rock
Although the double-disc Metal Works '73-'93 is an intoxicating listen, it isn't quite the definitive Judas Priest retrospective it could have been.
 Lyrics: 9.3
 9.2
 9.1
 9.2
Metal Works 73-93 Reviewed by: unregistered, on november 22, 2004

Sound: This album is a double set not of there greatest hits or misses. It has all different songs you may or may not have heard. The sound KK and Glenn get in this cd are out of this world. Most of the stuff is pretty heavy metal/rock but some if it is calm music. If your a Priest fan and want a good cd with a lot of excellent songs you need this album. // 10

Lyrics: Rob definetly is the best vocalist ever, strait or gay, he is my favorite singer in the world. His screams are so amazing and he just dominates crowds with it. The lyrics are all diferent depending on the music thats around it. Only a couple songs on this album make Rob seem gay. Overall Rob's the best so buy this album! // 10

Overall Impression: This cd is one of the best cds I have buy Priest. It is definetly worth the money ($25-$35) and will quench your thirst for heavy metal. Packed with songs such as the Hellion/Electric Eye, Victem Of Changes, Beyond The Realms Of Death, Exiter, Breaking The Law and Screaming For Vengeance, it will blow you away. If it was stolen I would buy it again and again. I love everything aboutthis album and you will to if you buy it. // 10

Metal Works 73-93 Reviewed by: mqsand2112, on september 12, 2008

Sound: This bands sound really sticks out in the mix of 80's metal. It is very versatile, being a collection of hits gathered from two decades metal mastery. The guitarists seem to be using pinch harmonics in a handful of the songs including Painkiller, Electric Eye, Bloodstone and a few others. But since this album is a collection of songs it is hard to decide on one general sound. But the impression that Metal Works made was one that helped people see the bands diversity, and showed that Judas Priest is more then just screaming and solos. My personal favorite song on this set sound wise is Electric Eye. // 8

Lyrics: The lyrics of this album were very astounding to me, and what intruiged me most was the stories that you could find inside each individual song. They were very epic and bold. The Singer goes over the edge to make the message of each song clear. Topics in the album range from robots to evil beings and hatred to epic stories of survival. I found these lyrics very fun to ponder. Favorite song lyrically is Ram it Down. // 9

Overall Impression: The overall impression of the album was very good in a sense that you got to see all sides of Judas Priest, the good, the bad, and the extremely amazing. It is hard to compare to other albums because Judas Priest is a unique genre, it is, in my eyes, a hardcore version of classic rock. The most impressive song. My all time favorite on the album is Blood Red Skies, just the amazing way that this epic unfolds itself is too good to be true. What I could do with less of is that a lot of the beats seem kind of repetive, but other the that great album constructed by a great band. // 8

Metal Works 73-93 Reviewed by: Naturalchampion, on april 07, 2011

Sound: The sound is wonderufl. Especially for fans of classic heavy metal and the new wave of British heavy metal(NWBHM). It deffinitely has the the classic Judas Priest/Iron Maiden sound. Untill not that long ago I never listened to Judas Priest and thought of them as a 80s rock/glam metal band. Untill I was suggested them while looking at Iron Maiden. I was astonished at the similarities to the music I love, except with a much heavier vibe. The sound here is straight up fist pumping, head banging, air shredding, heavy metal, and it won't dissapoint. // 9

Lyrics: What can I say, it's Rob Halford. He is the "God of Metal" You can't expect anything less then brilliance coming from him and he really delivers. Robs lyrics comply perfectly with the rest the music very well. When it's up beat and in your face, so is Rob, when he is seranading you into tears KK's riffs are wailing. Very good lyrics for any old school metalheads who wanna give the world a big middle finger. // 9

Overall Impression: This being a compilation has all little bit of there best from all albums so if you don't already have alot of Priest CDs and you want some more songs, this is the headbanging compilation you've needed. With songs like Painkiller, Ram it Down and, The Hellien/Electric Eye, you have the best from everything. There is nothing about this CD to hate unless just don't like metal. This is a CD that I'd keep a backup copy of on any MP3. Very impressive and a solid investment. // 9

More Judas Priest reviews rating latest review