Point Of Entry Review

7.3
 8.8
review (1) 6 comments vote for this album:
Point Of Entry Reviewed by: guitfiddleRR, on october 04, 2010

Sound: "Point of Entry" was a point of experimentation for Judas Priest. As the album that followed "British Steel", it wasn't expected to be as much of a success as it predecessor. Nevertheless, select songs from this record are signature Priest classics. The best way to describe the sound of this album is that it lies perfectly in between "British Steel" and "Screaming For Vengeance", the two most influential overall Judas Priest releases. This was the point when Judas Priest were starting to progress past their progressive blues influenced roots. This marked the beginning of HEAVY heavy metal. // 8

Lyrics: The lyrics on this album, to put it very bluntly, were not my favorite. As far as this record goes, the lyrics were a little bit of a weak point. They fit with the music pretty well, but they didn't seem to meet the strong message usually portrayed in the better Priest albums. The vocal performance is still very good (its Rob Halford so obviously...), and some of the lyrics are catchy and alright. All in all though, the lyrics didn't stand out very far on this record. // 7

Overall Impression: Well, I wouldn't say at all that this is a bad album, but its just not one of the Priest albums that caught me that well. Some of the songs, such as "Hot Rocking", "Heading out to the Highway", and "Desert Plains" are good and are still played live by Priest today. The entire album though, isn't that great. If you consider yourself to be a die hard Judas Priest fan, it still might be worth your dollar. I have it, along with every other Judas Priest release there is, but I don't listen to it a lot. // 7

More Judas Priest reviews rating latest review