The Essential Judas Priest Review

judas priest: The Essential Judas Priest
Release Date: Apr 11, 2006
Label: Columbia/Legacy
Genres: Hard Rock, Heavy Metal, British Metal, New Wave Of British Heavy Metal
Each and every one of the 34 tracks is indispensable, chronicling the group's rise from Queen-worshipping debutantes to revolutionary metal gods.
 9.9
review (1) 6 comments vote for this album:
The Essential Judas Priest Reviewed by: obey_yourmaster, on june 07, 2006

Sound: Metal. Not the new kind of metal (screaming instead of singing, seven string guitars, ect) but the classic metal, where the lead singer actually sang. This 2-discs set puts all Priest's greatest songs together. I recommend it to anyone who doesn't have any Priest CDs. However, if you own the majority of Priest's CDs/albums then don't bother buying this (there's no new material on the CDs). Overall, the sound was great. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are simple to understand, and sung instead of screamed. It takes talent to sing, any hobo on the street can scream like a madman. The lyrics (as I said) are just what they say. For example: "Breaking The Law" is about breaking the law. The singing changes pitches drastically in some songs, creating different moods. The singing is great. // 10

Overall Impression: Priest has always been a metal icon, and this 2-disc collection of Judas Priest's greatest hits over the past few decades proves it. "Breaking The Law", "You Got Another Thing Comin'", and "Hell Bent For Leather" are just a few of the great songs provided on this CD set. All the songs on these CDs are classics, and there's not much to complain about. If I ever lost this CD I'd buy it again in a heartbeat. I didn't like Priest much before I bought this CD set, now they're one of my favorite bands. // 10

More Judas Priest reviews rating latest review