Emotion Is Dead Review

9.4
 9.7
reviews (2) 1 comment vote for this album:
Emotion Is Dead Reviewed by: UG Team, on july 17, 2003

Sound: It's definately a cd that you will want in your car stereo and will probably be humming the songs all day. It was meant to be played loud, so if you are not into loud music, it's not for you. It has something for everyone; rock riffs, emo lyrics, melodic rhythm... // 10

Overall Impression: This is one of the most amazing and catchy albums in existense. The Juliana Theory is a rock band that is yet to be realized with mainstream success. This album is very angry, but with a few slower more gentle songs. The emotion Brett Detar (singer/writer) puts into his songs takes you to a whole new level in musical bliss. I'd suggest you go out, buy it, and then you can talk about how awesome it is for yourself. It may not be perfect, but if you like this kind of music, you will find no other like it. // 10

Emotion Is Dead Reviewed by: UG Team, on july 23, 2003

Overall Impression: Juliana Theory is a band that everybody will love. They are a band that everybody will hate. They're a band that people will hate to love, and love to hate. Do I sound repetitive yet? I hope so. I want to make you sick of repetition so when you listen to Emotion is Dead, you won't expect it, and you'll be pleasantly surprised with each song such as I was when I discovered this band after a strong recommendation from a CUSTOMER! (See record store employees? Customers DO know what they're talking about. Sometimes.) A great band with a diverse sound, the Juliana Theory will soon be taking over your radio. Hooky songs with great lyrics about topics that you care about. Lead singer, and guitarist Brett Detar, formerly of Metal band "Zao", has written a bunch of songs worthy of your listening to. This is one of those cd's you put in your discman when you're on the city bus to work. It makes you think. It makes you feel. Listening to this cd makes me think I'm in a music video. It's a great record. Go buy it, before your leg falls off. // 8

Comments