Set Sail The Prairie Review

kaddisfly: Set Sail The Prairie
Release Date: Mar 6, 2007
Label: Sub City
Genres: Indie Rock
If you succeed at ignoring the lyrics, Set Sail the Prairie will offer an intriguing, if uneven, listening experience.
 9.5
review (1) 2 comments vote for this album:
Set Sail The Prairie Reviewed by: ibitehips, on march 03, 2008

Sound: Every time I listen to this band I get the strongest urge to start singing. They're very pasionate. They're something floating above in this massive puddle of intertwined sounds. Kaddisfly incorporates many different sounds into their music blues, opera, jazz, old rock, pop, punk, pyscedelic and some hints of reggae and country. It's interesting to listen to guitarists, keyboard, and effects when you have time to get away from the lead singers voice. // 9

Lyrics: Overall these guys are very poetic. They're intelligent individuals and they mean for you to listen carefully to them. They're very positive. A lot of their music deals with the greater good, the enviorment, kindess, togetherness and change. In certain songs you can definately hear the connection between the lyrics and music, some others need paying attention to, but it's there. The singer has a wide range and isn't squeaky or whiny like many other singers are these days. He's talented. I've seen him live and he has an amazing amount of energy and his voice doesn't suffer underneath it. // 9

Overall Impression: Within a very short period of time, this band has grown to be one of my favorites. At this point in time, they surpass the level of quality that many other bands are attempting. In my opinion at least. Some of the most impressive songs on this album would be Noyabr': Empire, Man: Forest, Junio: Campfire, and Agosto: Harbor. I love practically everything about this album. Every member of this band has wonderful musician skill, and when you listen to the album it was produced very professionally. I own every album by this band and this particular CD is getting a little worn, and I'm seriously looking into buying a replacement. // 9

Comments