Maharot Review

artist: kamikazee date: 07/16/2007 category: compact discs
kamikazee: Maharot
Release Date: 2007
Genres: Rock
Hard rocking, throat breaking, eardrum bashing music is what you would experience upon putting that Kamikazee disc into your player!
 7.9
review (1) 8 comments vote for this album:
Maharot Reviewed by: -madhater-, on july 16, 2007

Sound: Hard rocking, throat breaking (high notes, not growls, though some songs have great shouts like "Seksi! Seksi!"), eardrum bashing music is what you would experience upon putting that Kamikazee disc into your player! These amazingly talented guys have really improved leaps from their debut effort (which I frankly do not like) and they seem to be seeking for more in this sophomore album. Jay Contreras' appeal to the audience (not with his looks) with his amazing and energetic stage antics really appeared in the album even if you are just listening (and not watching them perform). Amazing guitar riffs with heavy distortion and great tune made me listen to the whole album in just one sitting; that's how catchy and melodic the sound that they created seemed to me. Their launching single "Chiksilog" showed their creativity in creating a conceptualized song. "Narda" was the big hit; simplicity at it's finest you may say. All in all, they've got really one of the best sounds you could hear from OPM bands today, check out "Director's Cut" and you'll agree with me. // 10

Lyrics: Creative. Well Thought Of. Great Concepts. Music blends well with the words in each song. Who would have thought that a bunch of guys with tattoos all in 90% of their skin, add that they look like crooks or goons in a movie. Each line of their songs rhyme. The imagery is well done. All-in-All, their creativity give them a 10/10 for the lyrics. // 10

Overall Impression: This is one album overlooked by many people simply because of the image that they've have from their first album as Hard core rockers and durugistas. I love the way they write the tracks in this album. Tracks like "Director's Cut", "A.I.D.S." and of course, the song immortalized in the minds of the whole country people (they even told me that it is set to become the new Philippine National Anthem ) "Narda," great for Kamikazee and for "Maharot." // 10

Comments