Late Registration Review

9.7
 3.3
review (1) 38 comments vote for this album:
Late Registration Reviewed by: theoneandonlybg, on april 12, 2012

Sound: Before listening to this album, I thought Kanye West was a straight up gangster rapper, who would use rather electronic or techno-ey music for all his songs. However, I was proven to very wrong when I listened to his album "Late Registration". The backing for all the vocals varied greatly, with some tracks using electronic sounds, like I had expected, but others using brass instruments, choirs, and generally much more unexpected instruments. The sound was fantastic and contributed greatly to my enjoyment of the album. // 10

Lyrics: Kanye West is a very impressive rapper, even if he does go a little off topic every now and then. His rhymes are clever, fast, and always feel right. Even in the smoother, calmer songs, his lyrics fitted beautifully, making this even more enjoyable. The skits that are used in the album too are rather bizarre, but not too out of place, working well with the rest of the album. // 9

Overall Impression: Compared to a lot of the rather generic rappers that can be found, Kanye West is something special, which is emphasised greatly in "Late Registration". There is a lot of emotion that has been put into many of these songs, especially the likes of "Roses". With intermittent skits and an overall experience that I have never experienced before. This is a must buy album for rap fans, in my opinion... // 10

More Kanye West reviews rating latest review