Teenage Dream Review

Genre: Pop
Label: Capitol
review (1) 5 comments vote for this album:
Teenage Dream Reviewed by: richieguitar, on january 06, 2011

Sound: The sound of this album is good and exactly what everyone expects of Katy Perry. Some of these songs were inspired by other songs like E.T and some other songs. This is a fantastic album for Katy Perry's second and three no.1 singles proves she is a real talent. // 7

Lyrics: The lyrics and the songs are like a sequel to One Of The Boys. California Girls had cute lyrics and fit well into a cheeky, bright melody. Teenage Dream had lyrics of a typical love song and the melody was okay but who am I? It reached number 1 on the hot 100 charts.The song with best lyrics for me would be Firework and my favourite song.This song is inspirational and it has a good message for those who do not think they are special. But sadly, I am disappointed every time she sings this song live.(sorry.) // 6

Overall Impression: It does not compare to other albums as it has its own unique sound and in a league of its own. Out of the whole album, all songs passed the 'okay' meter and it had 3 outstanding songs.Firework, Teenage Dream and California Girls. The mediocre sounding songs were The On That Got Away, Last Friday Night and Hummingbird Heartbeat. Songs I didn't really like were Pearl, Circle The Drain and Peacock. 1 song that actually stood out to me was Not Like The Movies. It had a wonderful melody and it was really nice to hear Katy Perry's soft side and beautiful voice of vulnerability.E.T sounded kinda like Who Am I Living For?. Sadly, I REALLY think that Katy Perry would not hav the vocal chops to sing Who Am I Living For? Live. Overall I think it is a good second album that proved that she is a wonderful talent and if it were stolen, yes I would buy it again. // 8

More Katy Perry reviews rating latest review