Be Here Review

artist: keith urban date: 03/14/2005 category: compact discs
keith urban: Be Here
Released: Sep 21, 2004
Genre: Rock
Styles: Contemporary Country, Contemporary Singer/Songwriter, Alternative Country-Rock
It's a muscular sound indebted at least as much to rock and bluegrass as to traditional country, but it supports his light, flexible tenor and his essentially upbeat message.
 9.4
 8.7
review (1) 2 comments vote for this album:
Be Here Reviewed by: unregistered, on march 14, 2005

Sound: The sound on this album is very clean cut. The music sounds like it is influenced by older country but it brings a new edge. There is good use of the acoustic guitar and also some good solos. There are many different types of songs on this album, there are slower ballad type songs and heavier rockin songs. The way he sings on this album is quite impressive. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics and singing on this cd is great. the lyrics and the way he sings go quite well with the music. it sounds like he relly took his time to make it perfect. On this album he sings everyday thins and relationships. He also sings in a few different styles which made the album flow really well. // 10

Overall Impression: This CD is amazing, it's my first country CD so its like nothing else in my collection. I've never really listened to country before so this CD was a breath of fresh air. Some of the impressive songs on the album are Days Go By, Better Life, The Hard Way, You're My Better Half, and Tonight I Wanna Cry. What I love about this album is how the music sounds like nothing else in country music. Also the use of diferent instruments and styles is great. If I lost this CD or if it was stolen I would definitly buy it again. Also, since this is my first CD of his I will probably collect the rest of his CDs. // 10

More Keith Urban reviews rating latest review