Cocky Review

kid rock: Cocky
Release Date: Nov 20, 2001
Label: Lava
Genres: Hard Rock, Rap-Metal, Rap-Rock
Cocky covers a melange of styles, from rap to country, utilizing organ, pedal steel, and harp as well as metallic guitar solos.
 8.8
 9.3
 8.2
review (1) 2 comments vote for this album:
Cocky Reviewed by: metallica_2716, on february 11, 2006

Sound: The sound and music in cocky may not be as unique as Kid's best (in my opinion) Devil Without A Cause, but I think Kid is still at the top of his game. The first track, "Trucker Anthem" ft. Uncle Kracker has some great guitar and rapping, and "Forever" may have the best on the album. "Picture" is a country song, of which recieved much acclaim, and shows Kid's talent as singer. // 9

Lyrics: I think "Lonely Road Of Faith" has the most meaningful lyrics on the album, and I think they go well with the music. Kid's lyrics were not so much about sex and drugs on this album, as most of them are slow, but all of them include a verse or two of rap, which is what I like best. Kid is given the oppurtunity to show off his country skills, which I think he is good at also. // 9

Overall Impression: Kid Rock is my favorite artist, mostly because he is unique. Kid's style campares to no other artists that I've heard (even though Limp Bizkit and other bands fuse rock with rap). More of this unique style is shown on this album, maybe not as much as DWaC, but the great lyrics and singing of Kid certainly make up for it. // 10

More Kid Rock reviews rating latest review