Remember That I Love You Review

kimya dawson: Remember That I Love You
Release Date: May 7, 2006
Label: K
Genres: Anti-Folk, Indie Rock, ,Contemporary Folk, Lo-Fi
The follow-up to the critically acclaimed "Hidden Vagenda" represents not only Dawson's continued personal adaptation to the tumultuous world around her, but also the growing relationship between fans and friends.
 9.9
 9.7
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
Remember That I Love You Reviewed by: Ian Robbins, on april 09, 2008

Sound: Kimya Dawson "Remember That I Love You" is really an album that will give you hours of musical enjoyment. In a mostly just guitar + vocals sound Kimya Dawson says what she means and means what she says. For a real down to Earth person she can really inspire the good in all of us. Most of the people reading this probably have heard the Juno soundtrack and are wondering if her solo stuff is as good. Well I'm here to tell you that it's even better. Songs like "Loose Lips" "France" and "I Like Giants" really give you a feel of what she's like and what she's all about. With a laid back attitude which reminds me of bands like Beck or Modest Mouse, but with a voice and wit like that of Kate Nash, Kimya Dawson really shows what life is all about. Hanging out with friends, enjoying nature, and helping others who are lonely or down. // 10

Lyrics: No shortage of amazing lyrics here. A lot of her songs are about life, family, and just hanging out and have a good time. Sometimes their funny, sometime sad, but all genuinely from the heart. The songs are simple, but have a deep message about life. They are really great to sing or hum along to. Especially the last one "My Rollercoaster", and choice lyrics like "f--k Bush, and f--k this war" from the song "Loose Lips The CD is really lyric based with fun rhythms to go long. You will enjoy happy fun filled songs like "Tire Swing" to softer and sadder songs like "France", "I Miss You" and "12/26". // 10

Overall Impression: There really isn't anyone one who sounds like Kimya Dawson. In you enjoyed the Juno Soundtrack and like the up and down and all around themes and fun tunes, then this is just the album for you. Death Metal screamo fan? Maybe not, for everyone else, you should be ordering this as you read (and pay for express shipping). If you liked this album, then you should really check out her other, you wont be disappointed. // 10

Comments