Larks' Tongues In Aspic Review

9.9
 9.7
review (1) 3 comments vote for this album:
Larks' Tongues In Aspic Reviewed by: NineInchNails_0, on march 11, 2006

Sound: Awesome! I know I give Crimson a lot for the sound, but it's fricking incredible. Just listen to it, everything. Bill Bruford's drums, Robert Fripps awesome guitar, Jamie Muir's goofy sounds and percussions, David Cross' beautiful violin and last but not least John Wetton with his amazing voice and great bass playing. It doesn't get better than this. Out of all King Crimsons line-ups, this is the one I like the best! Everything sounds great! Every instrument is being heard. It's not like all the other artists around, you know, the guitar must be the only thing you hear in the whole song. No, Robert Fripp is more of a composer than a guitarist. The violin intro (which is awesome) in Larks' Tongues In Aspic part I and then Robert Fripp follows the tones perfectly. Awesome! // 10

Lyrics: 3 of the albums 6 songs are instrumentals, so there aren't to much lyrics. Although, when there is lyrics (in the songs Book Of Saturday, Exiles and Easy Money) I find them highly enjoyable. They always tend to be serious but at the same time funny. John Wettons voice is great. I like it a lot. // 10

Overall Impression: I like this album the most of them all, mainly because of the instrumentals and the line-up. The songs that are most impressive are Larks' Tongues In Aspic part I and part II. They are instrumentals and they are both the best songs that King Crimson has ever done. I'm not kidding. If this was lost or stolen, I would rebuy it and find out who took it and shoot his brains out. I love the instrumentals in this album. Especially Larks' Tongues In Aspic part I. I don't hate nothing. It's perfect. // 10

More King Crimson reviews rating latest review