Thrak Review

king crimson: Thrak
Release Date: Apr 1995
Label: Virgin
Genres: Prog-Rock/Art Rock, Avant-Prog
King Crimson came back in a major way with Thrak, and proved that, even in its fourth major incarnation, Fripp and company still had something to say.
 9.6
 9.7
 9.4
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
Thrak Reviewed by: NineInchNails_0, on march 04, 2006

Sound: I was really impressed with the sound. I mean, I cannot believe that they went all the way from In The Court Of The Crimson King, then to Starless and Bible Black, Red, Indisipline and then, we've got this. It's great sound in almost all of the songs, and of course, as always, King Crimson's long instrumentals sound as good as they always do. A really cool song in the album is "Dinosaur" in which they use powerchords and then an instrumental w/ guitar solo. That song is really showing their new sound, because the powerchords really sound very balanced. And the solos delivered by Robert Fripp still sounds amazing. Don't worry, this album really owns. // 10

Lyrics: I like the lyrics. Although sometimes, the songs are about completely different things, I find them really good. Unlike many other artists, the song always focuses on one thing. Like for example Walking On Air. The lyrics there is about the same thing in the whole song instead of just random mixing up rhymes with very little actual feel to the lyrics. The lyrics fits in exactly with the music. They have really succeded with the timing and such. The singer, Adrian Belew, with Trey Gunn and Tony Levin as backing voices, is awesome. He has one hell of a voice. Believe me, he's really good. He's got a special feel to the voice that I just can't get from any other vocal performer out there. // 10

Overall Impression: This one defenitely compares to the other albums. All of the songs are really great and it's a great album just to pop into your CD player and chill to. The most impressive song from the album is definitely Dinosaur. It's so awesome, and it really shows the sound skill of King Crimson. I love this albums amazing solos, instrumentals, lyrics, songs etc. There's really not to much to hate. Some of the instrumentals can get to long of you're really just sitting there listening. But, if you just wanna take it easy, the instrumentals and solos are perfect for you. If this was lost or stolen, I would defenitely rebuy it. It's that good. If you like King Crimson, or wanna get into the whole King Crimson thing, then this album is defenitely for you. // 9

More King Crimson reviews rating latest review