Crazy Nights Review

kiss: Crazy Nights
Release Date: Sep 18, 1987
Label: Mercury
Genres: Arena Rock, Pop-Metal, Hard Rock, Heavy Metal, Album Rock
Just when you thought Kiss couldn't be further removed from their raw rock/metal roots with 1985's lackluster Asylum, the band sinks even further with 1987's popfest Crazy Nights.
 8.5
 8.7
 8.3
review (1) 1 comment vote for this album:
Crazy Nights Reviewed by: Cam Dude, on january 05, 2007

Sound: When I listen to Kiss, I hear that unique sound they have whether it be the great solos by Bruce Kulick or the smooth vibrato in Paul Stanley's voice. This album was released in September 1988 when the bands line up consisted of Eric Carr on drums, Bruce Kulick on lead guitar, Gene Simmons on bass and Paul Stanley on rhythm guitar. The bands sound and style on this album was different from that in the '70s. Although Peter Criss and Ace Frehley were not in the band when this album was released it still delivers well with Bruce Kulick and Eric Carr. // 9

Lyrics: Overall the lyrics on the album are good and well thought out. The lyrics to songs such as 'Reason To Live' and 'Crazy Crazy Nights' fit well with the mood of the music. The skills of the singing on the album are great especially the high notes Paul Stanley can reach. // 8

Overall Impression: I believe this album is one of the best albums Kiss have produced. It is one of my favourites along side of 'Animalize' and 'Creatures of the Night'. I think the most impressive songs on the album are 'Crazy Crazy Nights', 'Reason To Live' and 'Turn on the Night'. The thing I love about this album is the different sound it has compared to the other albums they have produced. I also like the guitar skill Bruce Kulick has. If I had to buy the album again I would, because it is definetly one of the best CDs in my collection and also one of the most popular CDs I listen to. I recommend this album to anyone. // 9

More Kiss reviews rating latest review
+ Alive! 9.3 01/20/2014