Dressed To Kill Review

7.7
 7.1
review (1) 18 comments vote for this album:
Dressed To Kill Reviewed by: Powerageman, on may 11, 2010

Sound: KISS's third album, even though was their worst charted album at the time, it is actually alot better than the charts and some people claimed it to be. The music is the same, but the sound of the guitars and drums are a little different. On the first album, the music was extremely raw. On the second album, the guitars had alot more power to them, even the drums. But, on this one the power of the guitars are dropped down, but more powerful than the first album. The singing is really good on this one too. Also, for anyone looking for an album with Ace Frehely singing, go to "Love Gun". The drums are very well-done on this album. This album is bassically how hard rock gets. // 8

Lyrics: The lyrics mainly involve sex. But there are a few songs that stay away from that aspect of things: 01. Room Service: this one is about having random sex with the maids or female employees at high priced hotels. (This is before those god-awful priceline commercials with William Shatner.) 02. Two Timer: this one talks of some poor guy finding out that his girlfriend is cheating on him. Gene sings it, so it kinda fits. 03. Ladies In Waiting: this one is so simple. Don't keep the ladies waiting for sex. Once again, Gene sings it. YAY! 04. Getaway: the only song Peter sings on. It's actually pretty catchy, and it's one of my personal favorites on this album. This one talks of.....getting away. (I never looked to hard into this song!) 05. Rock Bottom: this one talks of how the singer's lady completely mistreats him and "never treats him like she should". It has a really cool beginning that is very harmony filled. 06. C'mon And Love Me: I never really got too much into this song. It talks about a girl who found a rockstar in music magazine and how she ends up, go figure, having sex with him. 07. Anything For My Baby: this is one of those cheap kinda 60's songs that shound like a moron coulda wrote it. I've never been too big of a fan of this song. This bassically tlaks of how a guy would do anything for his baby. 08. She: this song is probably my favorite on this album, because it sounds a little different than all of the other songs on this album. It's a little slower, but it is alot harder on the rock-o-meter. But, go figure, it talks about a prostitute. The live version of the song is always fun because of Ace's solo at the end. 09. Love Her All I Can: this one is actually dangerously catchy. And it is another one of my favorites from this album. It also has a really cool solo that I gotta give Ace props for. Also, it doesn't talk about sex! It just talks about how much a guy loves his girl. 10. Rock And Roll All Nite: now, for the song KISS is best known for... but not this verison. The ALIVE! version is better. This one doesn't have a guitar solo to it, and the last full minute is just repeating the same chorus lines. Plus, it also sounds like they added 15 or 20 people to the chorus. I think they thought it would make it sound better, but it just sounded cheesier in my opinion. // 7

Overall Impression: The songs on this album are good, but I think that KISS could've expanded on what their songs were about. Of their first three albums, this is my least favorite, but that doesn't mean I don't like it. But, I do think that they could've spent a bit more time on making this album, and made it better. The most impressive songs are probably She, Love Her All I Can, Getaway, and Rock Bottom. If this album was stolen from me, I might buy it again, but that is a very big might. Overall, it's a decent album. // 8

More Kiss reviews rating latest review
+ Alive! 9.3 01/20/2014