Kiss [Box Set] Review

artist: kiss date: 06/10/2006 category: compact discs
kiss: Kiss [Box Set]
Release Date: Nov 20, 2001
Label: Universal
Genres: Arena Rock, Hard Rock, Heavy Metal, Album Rock, Pop-Metal, Pop/Rock, Disco
Longtime Kiss fans have come to expect things done on a grand scale by their masked heroes, and everyone's favorite rock & roll merchandising machine doesn't disappoint with their 2001 anthology, Box Set.
 9.1
 8.7
 9.4
review (1) 5 comments vote for this album:
Kiss [Box Set] Reviewed by: Linktear, on june 10, 2006

Sound: The overall sound of the Kiss Box Set is great. Some of the songs are demos recorded from the early years of Kiss so the sound quality isnt perfect. The Kiss Box Set has many unreleased songs such as Mad Dog, and early demos of classics such as God Of Thunder. The overall sound, sound quality, and just how the box set sounds gets an 8 from me. // 8

Lyrics: The lyrics to the songs, as most Kiss fans know, change from complicated intricate lyrics to songs such as Beth, and can stoop to the simplicity of songs like Lick It Up. One thing that is special about kiss is there is no lead singer. Paul Stanley may sing lead to one song while Gene Simmons belts out lead to another. Peter Criss (drummer) will even chime in from time to time. The singing skills of the band on this box set are really unmatchable. // 9

Overall Impression: There is no other box set that compares. The Kiss Box Set runs around ninety dollars but is well worth the money. I love the early songs from when Kiss was just starting. I also love how the cds are arranged by year. I really dont hate anything about this box set. If it were stolen I would definitely buy it again. The Kiss Box comes with a 90 page color flip book from which I have learned many things about the band. Only because nothings perfect does this box set get a 9 out of 10. // 9

More Kiss reviews rating latest review
+ Alive! 9.3 01/20/2014