Spit Review

kittie: Spit
Released: Mar 21, 2000
Genre: Rock
Styles: Alternative Pop/Rock, Heavy Metal, Alternative Metal
It's a 12 emotionally brutal tracks exhibit high degrees of angry, brash, pro-feminist declarations album.
 8.7
 5.3
reviews (2) 1 comment vote for this album:
Spit Reviewed by: bassistfromhell, on july 28, 2004

Sound: A good sound for a heavy metal band, if you can call them that. They should have there own genre chick metal. These girls are good and there music style is great. All this bone crushing hard metal with kick ass guitar riffs mixed with a screaming girl doing the vocals perfect. All the hard disorted guitar goes really well with there voices and in some tracks gives it a kind of sensitive mellow side to it all. // 10

Lyrics: All the lyrics in all the songs are great! Most of them are about screaming because they think there hores but some of the stuff actually gets to you. All these hardcore headbangers could shead a little tear when hearing some of this stuff. Also the lyrics go really well with the sound like a evil school girl thats on the edge who knows what she will do and thats just like there songs. // 8

Overall Impression: Kittie was the first girl heavy metal type band I heard and by far there the best. One of the best songs must be spit because thats a song you can really headbang to and then wake up the next day with a splitting head ache and major neck pains. The thing I love on this album is that they are chicks playing heavy metal music and it sounds good! The thing that sucks is that they made a mellow/acoustic version of a track called charlotte and if the girls re-release this it should be a bonus track. And its a good make out track :p believe me my ex girlfriend loved it. If this was lost I would go get another copy as soon as I could get the cash or steal it off a mate. If you like heavy metal and girls (who dont) go get it because it rocks. O yea also you know these girls did the theme to buffy bet you didn't know that so. // 10

Spit Reviewed by: unregistered, on june 28, 2005

Sound: Well, the guitars were really amazing on the Spit album. I had gotten this album after Until The End, so I was slightly suprrised by it. It didn't sound anything like Morgan does on UTE. It's completly different, and you can tell she did it w/o any voice changers. Vocals are good, but not nearly as good as UTE in my opinion. // 6

Lyrics: The lyrics were more complex than UTE. You could tell they spent more time writing the lyrics in this album. So, as far as the actual lyrics go, this one was better. // 10

Overall Impression: I really liked this album, my fav songs on it are "Brackish" and "Charolette," but the whole cd was pretty good. I liked that the lyrics had more thought into it, but I don't think the sound of the vocals was as good. So, it was good, but not as great as UTE. // 8

More Kittie reviews rating latest review
+ In The Black 7.2 09/21/2009