Until The End Review

kittie: Until The End
Released: Jul 27, 2004
Genre: Rock
Styles: Death Metal/Black Metal, Heavy Metal, Alternative Meta
Until The End isn't a big step forward for Kittie, but it's a step nonetheless.
 Lyrics: 7.5
 8.5
 8.8
 8.1
reviews (4) 1 comment vote for this album:
Until The End Reviewed by: Cobain-iac_90, on june 17, 2005

Sound: I was a little shocked at how good this album sounded. I for one thought I would end up like the black metal you hear today: crappy and untalented. But Morgan really shows promise on the guitar. Mercedes really shines through as a drummer, her beats truly enticed me. This band has shown some amazing talent, and I for one am now a fan. // 10

Lyrics: Not all that much to say about the lyrics, just your general heavy metal stuff. Many of the songs were touching, others seemed to be just filler. I was taken away by Morgan's vocals. When I popped in the CD, I never expected the guttural, cat-like squawl that came on songs like "Look So Pretty" and "Pussy Sugar." But I enjoyed her clearer, more human voice on songs like "Until The End" and "Into The Darkness." I was impressed, although sometimes I couldn't help but laugh. // 8

Overall Impression: This album surely tops most of the black metal of today. Although the guitar is fairly simple, it is not just palm-mutes and power chords. It mixes in nicely with the vocals and drums, and although there was screaming, you didn't just get a bunch of roars in there. "Into The Darkness" was probably my favorite track. Morgan has a very sultry voice when she's not pushing what vocal limits we have set for females. And live, the addition of Lisa Marx is very enjoyable. Mercedes is a great drummer, and I enjoyed the way she started off songs like "Career Suicide" and "In Dreams." This has definitely been an album worth listening to. // 10

Until The End Reviewed by: unregistered, on july 30, 2004

Sound: "Until The End", Kittie's third album and is flowing in a sea near melodic but still quite brutal death metal. It's everything you'd expect from the quartet and a whole lot more besides! Burning Bridges and Daughters Drown are definitly some of the heavier songs on the disc. There are some riffs that really kills, but where aren't any solos. "It gave us a sense of accomplishment, rather than working with tons of puzzle pieces," said vocalist/guitarist Morgan Lander. "Also, doing things as naturally as possible, using as little digital editing as possible, gives it a raw, real vibe." "The heaviest song on this album is Burning Bridges," said front-woman Morgan Lander. "It combines a huge melodic chorus with a balls-out riffing. It is the perfect combination!" // 8

Lyrics: Opener Looks So Pretty is one of the heavier songs on the album, and it pretty much sets the style regarding the other songs, it's somewhere between an emaciated alley cat fighting off the neighborhood skunk and the squelch on a walkie-talkie. Career Suicide has the typical "angry vocals mixed with melodic choruses" going on. It finds the group in a more melodic mood, balancing the snarling verses with a clean chorus vocal. The vocals are surely closing in. Morgan can both handle the growl and the clean song. // 8

Overall Impression: Until The End is a top-drawer slice of brooding, full-on metal madness with Kittie rocking harder than ever. It isn't a big step forward for Kittie, but it's a step nonetheless. If they can find a way to more creatively disperse their newfound power they'll be unstoppable. The band finally seems to have found a sound of their own, and a way to put it into songs. Kittie fans will probably love it. Kittie did a great job with this new album. Until The End is really good. // 8

Until The End Reviewed by: fjhgdsfgad, on august 04, 2004

Sound: The guitar in this sounds much like the sound in "Spit", but there are some good riffs. Kittie's drummer is really awesome, if you listen to just the drums in some of their songs you can hear how great it is. The drums and the guitar in Kittie work together really well. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics in this CD are very short. The screaming and singing lyrics are kind of dragged out, but a few of the songs have long lyrics. But just because the lyrics are short doesn't mean the song is bad. "Until The End"'s chorus is very short and drawn out, but the lyrics themselves are really good. The lead singer, I think, is an amazing singer. However the screaming in this CD isn't as great as the screaming in "Spit". // 8

Overall Impression: Kittie is really great, not only because they can sing/scream and have these terrific skills in guitar, bass and drums but they are one of the first heavy metal bands that's all female. Songs like "Into The Darkness", "Sugar", and "Daughters Down" are some of the better tracks in the CD. I love the guitar in this CD, because each song has a different guitar sound in it. If my "Until The End" CD was stolen, I'd definatly buy it again. Anyone who is considering buying this, if you liked Spit, you'll definatly like this. // 10

Until The End Reviewed by: unregistered, on may 24, 2005

Sound: Well, in my opinion, Until The End was the best of all the albums as far as the music behind the lyrics goes. You can see the evolution of Kittie just by listening to this CD. Mercedes is awesome with her drum beats and Morgan is just rockin' out on her guitars. This is, by far, the best Kittie CD yet. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics were poetic and very good for a heavy metal band. However, they were a bit short and probebly could've added a slight bit of length to it. Other than that, they were pretty decent. // 6

Overall Impression: Well, most of the songs on the album were pretty good, but some stood out from others. "Into The Darkness" was a single off the album, but I wasn't all that impressed with it. I really liked "Look So Pretty" and "Daughters Down." Those were awsome. So was "Red Flag" and "Pussy Sugar." The vocals as well as drums and guitars were just crazy. Overall, I really like this album and will most definetly look forward to any new releases from the rockin' chicks we all know and love as Kittie! // 10

More Kittie reviews rating latest review
+ In The Black 7.2 09/21/2009