Live And Rare Review

korn: Live And Rare
Release Date: May 9, 2006
Label: Sony
Genres: Heavy Metal, Alternative Metal, Post-Grunge, Rap-Metal
Recorded in 2003 at CBGB's, Live And Rare is exactly what you'd expect from the band, and for fanatics that's a wonderful thing.
 8.9
 7.8
review (1) 51 comments vote for this album:
Live And Rare Reviewed by: Metal/Guitarist, on may 11, 2006

Sound: This is 13 tracks of pure Korn. Any Korn fan would love this. It is them playing live and rare tracks (hence the name). It is heavier than their real CDs so I like it better for this. Tracks #1-7 are live at CBGB's; track #8 is live at project revolution; track #9 is from Universal Studios; tracks #10 & 11 live at Woodstock; track #12 is a hidden track from "Follow The Leader"; track #13 is from "I Know What You Did Last Summer." If anyone has the Greatest Hits Vol. 1 CD, and have the DVD that came with it you can watch it live, but this is a portable way to hear that incredible concert at CBGB's. It is also from before Head found God or Jesus or whatever he found so it is guaranteed to be good. It's heavier than normal but probably because it is live and that is good. I give it a 10 because it is heavier than normal, and Korn sounds better live than they do recorded, that's not true with most bands, and the whole band does good live. // 10

Lyrics: Its Jon Davis singing live what more can you ask for other than being there watching him sing. It's nothing new lyric-wise (but remember it's live) except for the rare tracks they might be new to some people. The Hidden Track "Earache My Eye" is a good laugh. And Proud is a good Korn song this is the first time I have heard it. I give this a 10 because it's Jon Davis singing live and let me tell you he is a great live singer this is why I give Lyrics a 10. // 10

Overall Impression: Korn's first-ever collection of live and rare tracks! I think it is a great CD and I recommend it to any body that is a Korn fan. What more can I say it is a great CD by Korn. Buying this cd was one of the best 10 bucks I ever spent; I would have paid $20 for it if I had to it is a superior live CD. Their could be little to no improvements to this CD. Sound and lyrics are perfect. // 10

More Korn reviews rating latest review
+ The Paradigm Shift 7.4 11/01/2013