Enemy Of God Review

Released: Jan 11, 2005
Label: Steamhammer/SPV
Genre: Rock
Styles: Thrash, Heavy Metal, Speed Metal, Industrial Metal
It contains every bit of the vicious edge, acidic lyric, and undeniably strong songwriting skills that have earned them endless praise from around the world.
 9.6
 9.1
Enemy Of God Reviewed by: laffyjam, on september 02, 2005

Sound: Kreator is probably one of the most brutal thrash bands out there. This album is a lesson in thrash and probably Kreator's best album after the return to their thrash period. This album sounds like the good old late '80s Kreator with more melodic heavier riffs and a little acoustic guitar mixed in. Mille Petrozza is a genious songwriter, so you know the riffs are great. The production is alot better then other Kreator albums too. // 10

Lyrics: Mille Petrozza is an amazing lyricast. Most of the lyrics on this album are about the apocolypse and very nightmarish visions about Armeggedon. Some are pretty political like Impossible Brutality and World Anarchy. Mille Petrozza has an amazing voice, very distinct and brutal. His voice has a sharp edge to it that could cut you in half. // 10

Overall Impression: This is probably Kreator's overall third best album next to extreme aggression and terrible certainty. If you like Kreator or like thrash you should buy this album. My favorite songs on this album are Enemy Of God, Under A Total Blackened Sky, The Ancient Plague, Murder Fantasies, Dystopia, and World Anarchy. // 10

Enemy Of God Reviewed by: im_atheist, on december 17, 2008

Sound: Instantly recognizable as Kreator. Especially Mille Petrozza's voice, this is the first Kreator album I heard and after purchasing several albums from their back catalogue I still think this is by far their best album. It's melodic yet heavy, simple yet technical and insanely fast thrash playing mellowed out in areas with slow clean or acoustic parts. Plenty of harmonies, face-melting solos (especially in The Ancient Plague) yet chug riffs, and speed-of-light thrash riffs! On the whole the entire album is just awe inspiring. // 10

Lyrics: General lyrical theme which tends to follow typical thrash themes such as anti-religion, anti-politics, the apocalypse. Petrozza is a lyrical genius, his choice of lyrics fit well with the guitar parts. I'm especially fond of the lyrics building up to the solo in The Ancient Plague: "And I saw millions of souls Preparing for the last incarnation No more earthly pleasures no more life's temptation And the ghosts of long forgotten sociaties Cast out wicked dreams from the heart of the lost The future is drowning in the ashes of the past And through the toxic stench of human tragedy A saviour appears in a red mask in front of me And satan is his name!" Pure and utter genius! // 10

Overall Impression: Personally this is my favourite Kreator album. It has inspired me as a guitarist and songwriter for my band to write heavy, technical thrash riffs and intricate melodic leadwork over the top of these riffs. In my own personal opinion I would say this album is like a thrash version of Iron Maiden. The music and lyrics are well written, the band as a whole play tighter than a Nun's vagina, I adore the idea of heavy riffs and melodic parts, as I like the general melodic side of thrash and death metal. I do not have a single negative comment to say about this album. It is a must own for any thrasher out there! // 10

More Kreator reviews rating latest review
+ Phantom Antichrist 9.7 06/18/2012